Use of Aylmer Fairgrounds Property
- We have rented the Quonset hut only. The parking lot, fields, and roadways are the property of the Aylmer Fairgrounds and we share them with the Town of Aylmer.
- Pooper scooper laws are strictly enforced. All waste must be deposited in the bin ‘inside’ the Quonset hut. Anyone found not picking up dog feces, litter, or gear on the fairgrounds property will be dismissed from the grounds with no refund.
- Outside of the Quonset hut is NOT a leash free zone.
- Registration is not deemed complete until a waiver is signed for BlackRidge, administer and management for sportdogtrainingcenter.ca and the Aylmer Fairgrounds. No entrance to the sport center, or any area being used for our purposes is permitted without a signed copy of both waivers submitted on, or before, the date of admittance.
Handler and Dog Owner Responsibility
- No bitch in season will be accommodated on site. If a bitch comes in season she may be withdrawn from any event, workshop, trial, or class she may receive a refund of any amount, excluding the percentage of registration, and fees, paid to any third party, a judge, speaker, host facilitator.
- Any handler who is found to abuse a dog will be disqualified and asked to leave the site immediately.
- Any aggressive dog MUST wear a red bandana around its neck, and as an armband, and stay at least 10’ from other participants and their dogs.
- Handers of nervous and reactive dogs may choose to wear a yellow bandana around their arm, and on their dog’s neck. All participants will strive to respect the yellow bandana and not crowed, rush, or invade their ‘space’ as much as possible.
Crates and Equipment
- Handlers are responsible for their own exercise pens, crates, chairs, training aids, and water, food, and treats for their dog.
- Handlers are responsible for their own pooper scooper bags.
Trainers, management and administrators have the right:
- To request any dog be removed, at any time, for any reason
- To request that anyone behaving in an aggressive, abusive, or belligerent manner whether physical or verbal leave the premises. No refund will be offered.
- That any aggressive dog be removed, and/or restrained, muzzled. At no time are the trainers or participants to be subject to the risk of a bite.
- To request that any dog receive a vet clearance before returning to the premises.
- They may remove any dog that exhibits diarrhea or vomit
- Suspend a person’s club membership, class, trial, or event participation for violation of these rules and guidelines or any act that endangers a dog, person, or their property
- Through registration each participant grants to the management of sportdogtrainingcenter.ca and its representatives and/or agents all rights and permission to transport a dog to Imperial Road Animal Hospital, or request an emergency vet to visit the event center. All participants or spectators hereby release any management, administration, trainers, agents, volunteers and its representatives and/or agents from any claim or cause of action resulting from emergency vet care, whether directly or indirectly, resulting in an invoice for veterinary invoice, or transportation costs. Participants and spectators assume responsibility for all veterinary expenses.
Health Concerns and Responsibilities
- No dog that has symptoms of an illness including but not limited to diarrhea, vomit, or mucus discharge of any type, within the previous 2 weeks, may enter the grounds.
- All dog handlers will supply a photocopy of current vaccination records, yearly for administration to put ‘on file.’
- Puppies will not be allowed on the property if their rabies shot was administered before 12 weeks, unless the vaccination is repeated after 12 weeks. All puppies must have their full vaccinations to attend puppy classes.
- Public water will not be supplied to dogs by management or administration due to health risks.
Photography and Recording
- Members, Students, and Competitors have no right to videotape, record, or take pictures of this event for any use. No portion of any event may be recorded in any manner for commercial or private use without written permission.
- Through registration each competitor, member, or student grants to the management of sportdogtrainingcenter.ca and its representatives and/or agents all rights and permission to use or appropriate his/her name and his/her dog’s name, biography, likeness, photograph, voice, performing persona, or other indicia of identity for broadcast, telecast, cablecast transmission or distribution in any format or media now known or hereafter to become known. All participants or spectators hereby release management and its representatives and/or agents from any claim or cause of action for invasion of the rights of privacy, right of publicity, right of personality or any similar right.
- Handlers, Participants, and spectators take responsibility for stepping out of the area when recording or photography is in process, and voicing audibly enough that the person responsible for the recording, photographer, or videographer can hear.
- This includes, but is not limited to video surveillance cameras.
Payments, Refunds and Returns
- There shall be no refunds for entries withdrawn, or being absent, after the closing for any event, trial, workshop, class, or practice.
- Cancellation due to inclement weather will warrant a refund. Minus any fees due third parties, judges, testers, speakers who chose not to refunded their portion.
- There will be a $20.00 service charge for returned cheques. Cheques will only be accepted up to 6 business days prior to an event.
- Participants may withdrawal after the first lesson of any class, unless specified on the registration paper. A refund will be issued, minus a $20 registration fee, cost of manuals, equipment, treats, and other items used in the lesson.
- Any returns must be in sellable condition, complete, and with a receipt and packaging.
- Payment for K9Klub, rally club, or scent detection club must be made prior to the start of the month, whether the participant uses the facilities immediately, or not.
- Payment for classes can be made up to 10 minutes before the start of a class. Missing, or absent from classes does not warrant a makeup class or refund. If more than 2 classes are missed for a medical, or family emergency, then a written request for makeup may be made via email, or the contact form on www.sportdogtrainingcenter.ca, and is at the sole discretion of the instructor, trainer, and/or management.
Sportdogtrainingcenter is managed and administered by BlackRidge.